At American Tri-Star Insurance we aim to keep our clients’ premiums as low as possible. If you own a home or are in the process of buying a home, you are probably aware of how expensive home insurance premiums in California can be. Here are some things to consider when buying homeowners insurance.
9 Ways to Lower Homeowner Premiums in California
- Use an independent agent like American Tri-Star to shop several companies to find the best rate.
- Boost your deductible. The higher your deductible, the more money you save on premiums.
- Bundle your home and auto policies for additional discounts.
- Improve Security- Install deadbolts, alarms, sprinklers, or smoke detectors.
- Strive to be claim-free- claims drive up your premium. Take care of minor claims yourself.
- Always pay your bill in full- no late fees!
- Toys and safety hazards- pools, trampolines and treehouses are just a few items that can increase your homeowners premiums.
- Update your insurer about any major life changes- Retirement, Marriage, and even quitting smoking may qualify you for more discounts.
- Upgrade for safety and disaster resistance- Any upgrades you can do to your electrical, roofing, or plumbing will make your home more resistant to natural disasters.
Decrease your Premiums today!
These are just a handful of ways to keep your homeowners premiums low. Give one of our agents a call at 619-474-3900 or if you are in the San Diego, Chula Vista, National City, or Vista area just stop by one of our offices today!