While it is common for small businesses to have claims relating to injury, product liability or other damages carriers have determined that these are not necessarily the costliest or most common.
These are some of the most expensive claims in San Diego and surrounding areas plus some simple ways to prevent them:
- Burglary and theft- As part of the hiring process conduct a background check and check employee references. Secure your office/building by using fencing, gates or security doors. Maintain a well-lit exterior.
- Vehicle Accidents- Complete a thorough screening of an employee’s driving record if they will be operating a vehicle.
- Fire- Keep smoke/fire detectors maintained and tested regularly. Have an emergency plan and drill employees in using them.
- Water and freezing damages- Be sure to regulate indoor temperatures during extreme cold weather. Keep overhangs and roofs clear of excessive snow and ice. Train employees to know the location of the water shut-off valve.
- Slips, Trips and Falls-keep all common areas clean and free of debris.
Are you prepared? Let one of our American Tri-Star Insurance Services experts give you a helping hand with finding the best business insurance coverage. Contact us at 619-474-3900 we have locations in San Diego, Chula Vista, National City and Vista California!